Making Mason Memories Light Pole Contest
Date and Time
Wednesday May 26, 2021 Wednesday Jul 7, 2021
Light Pole Decorating starts on May 26th.
Contest will run for six weeks. Voting will be June 16th to June 30th on the Mason Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
Clean up: Wednesday, July 7th to Sunday, July 11th
City of Mason Light Poles
It's time to brighten up the summer nights with a light pole decorating contest! This year we will decorate downtown Mason light poles in themed categories to help celebrate the coming spring and summer weather. Businesses and citizens can adopt a pole for our contest to bring their own creativity to Mason's downtown. Online registration ONLY. During registration there are two categories to choose from to simplify the voting process. Please select the category that will best fit your decorative idea!
Registration fee: $25/pole
- Decorations must have a spring/summer theme or a patriotic theme
- Please use zip ties, string, twine or thin wire to secure your decorations to the pole. Tape will NOT hold up to the weather.
- Decorations must be able to withstand weathering outside, so please make things durable.
- If your decorations fall apart or are damaged the individual/adopter will be responsible for fixing and maintaining the light pole throughout the duration of the month
- Decorations MUST be taken down by July 11th
- Decorations should not invade the side walks
- No political items should be displayed on the light poles.
- Be sure decorations do not create any visual obstructions.