Mason's 46th Down Home Days Festival
46th annual community festival! COURTHOUSE SHOW ON SATURDAY IS NOW FULL!
46th ANNUAL FESTIVAL Mason’s Down Home Days
September 19–22, 2019
Events going on all around Mason! More events are still being added! Check at MACC’s HT-USA Visitors Center or go to the Events Calendar at www. masonchamber.org for the latest information!
18th annual MACC Raffle, Part B; Winter, R52610, $5 ticket blitz going on throughout the festival weekend, look for Chamber volunteers at many festival events!
46th annual “Down Home Days” Courthouse Show on Saturday, September 21st only, hosted by the
Mason Area Chamber of Commerce, arts & crafts, flea market, and community booths, kids’ area – from
9 AM to 4:30 PM. Rain or shine. Sponsored by Chris Buck – Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial.
Thursday, September 19:
- Thursday Night Live Courthouse Concert in downtown Mason on the Ingham County Courthouse lawn with the Mason High School Band and Cheer Squad at 6 PM. Bring lawn chairs/blankets. Presented by Independent Bank and sponsored by CP Federal Credit Union. Hot dogs, chips and pop sold by Mason Optimist Club. Weather permitting.
- Mason Farmers Market on north side of Maple Street in front of Commercial Bank Mason from 5:30 to 6:30 PM.
- BINGO! at Masonic Hall, 800 E. Columbia, corner of Columbia and Temple, doors open at 4 PM, bingo runs through 10 PM.
- “Comedy and Cocktails” at Bestsellers, 360 S. Jefferson, 8 PM, $10 cover, tickets info at (517) 676-6648.
Friday, September 20:
- Classic Car Club of America, Michigan Region caravan scheduled to visit downtown Mason during the day.
- “Fall Family and Fido Walk” on the Hayhoe Riverwalk sponsored by CAPEX Land Company starts at Ash Street across from
Saturday, September 21:
- Mason Firefighters Association Pancake Breakfast at the James Pelton Memorial Fire Station, 221 W. Ash Street, Adults $8, Seniors $7, Kids $5, Family $22, under age 2 free, 7 AM to 11 AM.
- 46th annual “Down Home Days” Courthouse Show hosted by the Mason Area Chamber of Commerce, arts & crafts, flea market, and community booths, kids’ area – from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. Rain or shine. MRA “Buy Nearby Guy” invited to appear. Sponsored by Chris Buck – Modern Woodmen of America Fraternal Financial.
- Kids’ Korral at the MACC Courthouse Show near the flagpole: bounce house and games by Mason RailTime Adventures for a small charge. Free activities sponsored by Commercial Bank Mason and hosted by the Mason High School Baseball Program.
- Mason Farmers Market on north side of Maple Street during the Courthouse Show -- between Barnes and Jefferson from 9 AM to 4 PM -- or while the produce lasts. Rain or shine.
- 16th annual Mason College Club “Treasures Sale” at the pavilion above Lee Austin Park on Ash near Sycamore Creek from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Friends of the Mason Library annual book sale at Mason Library, 145 W. Ash from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Courthouse Show entertainment on Maple Street on the north side of the Courthouse: Honey Badgers at 9:30 AM sponsored by Ware’s Pharmacy, and Shahira Dancers at 1:00 PM sponsored by Dart Container Corporation.
- Michigan Barnwood & Salvage Pop Up Makers Market, 352 W. Columbia Street, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Mason Firefighters Association Golf Ball Drop Fundraiser at noon at the James Pelton Memorial Fire Station, 221 W. Ash St.
- Visit the Mason Area Historical Museum, 200 E. Oak Street, rain or shine, 1 PM to 3 PM and the Pink School Museum from 9 AM to 3 PM on W. Ash Street, a block west of Cedar Street.
- Flea markets, sidewalk sales, and citywide rummage sales during the day throughout the shopping districts and neighborhoods, including one on Saturday, 9 AM at the VFW Post 7309, located south of Mason at 1243 Hull Road.
- BAD Brewing Company 7th annual Block Party, 440 S. Jefferson, 3 PM to 10 PM, $6 cash cover, $5 beer tickets, Food Trucks, Live Music, and more.
- Compete for a Cause, 8th annual MHS soccer games against Okemos High School: JV at 6 PM and Varsity at 8 PM, at Mason High School, 1001 S. Barnes Street.
Sunday, September 22:
- You’re welcome at the Mason area church services of your choice. MACC member churches are the Catholic Community of Sts. James, Cornelius & Cyprian, Mason First Presbyterian, Mason Community Church, Mason First Church of the Nazarene, Fellowship Bible, Mason Assembly of God, All Saints Lutheran, Eden United Brethren, and Mason First United Methodist.
- Backyard Bash at Mason Assembly of God, 425 E. South Street, 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM (after church services), games, activities, hot dogs, popcorn & more.
- Antiques Appraisal Fair at the Mason Area Historical Museum, 200 E. Oak Street, $5 per item, maximum 3 items, 1 PM to 3 PM, sponsored by Maple Street Mall.